Infant Massage Classes!
The class doesn't include me massaging your baby I use a doll to demonstrate the massage strokes to parents. There are no “performance standards”. Parents are encouraged to respond to the individual needs of their babies.
The classes are warm and relaxing, allowing individual babies’ needs to be considered and parents to spend time learning from each others’ knowledge and experiences.
Many participants in my infant massage classes maintain the friendships they form long after the course has finished.
Classes are 5 weeks, to give both the parent/caregiver and baby time to learn and become comfortable with massage.
Each week, parents/caregivers learn strokes for a new part of the body while reviewing strokes from previous classes, so new strokes are learned and previous information is reinforced. I teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect.
The strokes and styles of baby massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why baby cries, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, relaxation, and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics that will be discussed.
Classes can be offered in your home with a group of friends and their babies or individually. I offer classes via zoom and each month I teach classes at a different venue. Please email, text, or call me to find out more information or to schedule a class.
- Are always held in small groups or individually to ensure personalized attention.
- Are baby-led, it’s okay for babies to cry! Parents/Caregivers are encouraged to listen to their baby’s needs.
- Includes time for supportive group discussion where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun.
- May be structured as individual classes or home visits.
- Do not include the Educator touching or massaging your baby during class. They will demonstrate on a doll.
- Recommended age for group classes is from birth to pre-crawling.
Infant Massage Classes for 60 mins: $15 for Drop-ins or $50 for a 5-week class